Along with New Year’s Eve, Memorial Day and Labor Day, July 4th is a holiday known for raucous festivities that often involve alcohol. Because DUI arrests are huge moneymakers for cities and counties, police are particularly attentive on such holidays towards arresting suspected drunk drivers. With the July 4th holiday just around the corner, law enforcement agencies throughout Colorado are ramping up their efforts to target and arrest drivers they suspect are driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. The specific campaigns that Colorado law enforcement officials are using this July 4th include the:
- “Driver Sober or Get Pulled Over” campaign
- “Buzzed Driving Is Drunk Driving” campaign.
As police throughout Colorado get ready to roll these DUI campaigns out starting tonight (the evening of July 3rd), they are:
- Increasing the number of cops on the streets and, in some cases, having police work double duty throughout the weekend to target suspected drunk drivers
- Setting up an increasing number of sobriety checkpoints throughout the state.
Avoiding a July 4th DUI
Here are some tips for avoiding getting arrested for a DUI this July 4th holiday weekend:
- Only drive if you have not had any alcohol to drink.
- Make sure you have a sober driver if you are planning on drinking alcohol.
- Take a cab or a bus if you have imbibed alcohol and do not have a sober driver.
- Consider renting a hotel room or staying with a friend if you plan on drinking at a party that is far from home.
Denver DUI Defense Lawyers
The authorities take drunk and drugged driving extremely seriously, and these charges – even if a person is ultimately acquitted of them – can have a devastating impact on a person’s personal and professional life. If you or a loved one has been accused of any DUI-related crime in Denver, whether it’s your first DUI or you have prior DUI convictions, you will need an experienced defense attorney who is dedicated to defending your rights.
At the Law Office of Andres R. Guevara, our skilled Denver DUI defense lawyers are committed to providing the accused with the best possible defense and to working tirelessly to helping them resolve their case as favorably as possible. To learn more about your legal rights and receive expert advice on how to proceed with your case, contact us at (720) 379-8262.