A 72-year-old man of Divide is currently facing multiple felony charges after prosecutors recently filed nine additional charges against him for his alleged role in helping his son kidnap his grandson.

According to the police report and court documents, the man is alleged to have helped his son – who is also facing multiple felony charges in the alleged kidnapping case – plan to abduct his 3-year-old grandson from his mother’s house this past May. Officers who investigated the case have stated that the son had forced his way into the mother’s home, pepper sprayed the mother and then abducted the child. Additionally, investigators have alleged that, prior to the abduction, the grandfather had helped his son purchase various supplies allegedly used in the kidnapping.

After reviewing interviewing witnesses and viewing surveillance footage, police eventually tracked down the son in Canada and arrested him. The grandfather was subsequently arrested in Missouri and, at this time, has been charged with:

At the grandfather’s recent preliminary hearing, his defense attorney stated, “There is a question about what the involvement of the defendant is in this case.” While this man awaits his August 30th arraignment, he remains detained in the Boulder County Jail.

Denver Criminal Defense Lawyers

The authorities take allegations of felony crimes, particularly those involving allegedly kidnapping children, extremely seriously, and these charges – even if a person is ultimately acquitted of them – can have a devastating impact on a person’s personal and professional life. If you or a loved one has been accused of kidnapping or of any felony crime in Denver, you will need an experienced defense attorney who is dedicated to defending your rights.

At the Law Office of Andres R. Guevara, our skilled Denver criminal defense lawyers are committed to providing the accused with the best possible defense and to working tirelessly to helping them resolve their case as favorably as possible. To learn more about your legal rights and receive expert advice on how to proceed with your case, contact us at (720) 379-8262.