Penalties for drug crimes can be very severe in Colorado. Drug charges are based upon:
- Intent to sell or distribute
- Evidence of sales activity
- Weapons possession or use
- Having large amounts of money
- Classification under the drug schedule
- Purpose of the possession (personal use or for sale)
Unlike other jurisdictions, in Colorado any amount of cocaine possession is a felony. What this means is that district attorneys will charge even small (user) quantities as a felony. People who possess certain drugs such as cocaine for personal use can face possible felony conviction.
Free Attorney Consultation
Contact us today for a free consultation with a Denver, CO criminal defense lawyer experienced in handling drug cases.